Safety & Handling Infomation

The single fixed magnet used in the handytab assembly is small but the general guidance below should be read carefully as even small Neodymium magnets must be handled with care.

Neodymium magnets are extremely powerful, and must be handled with care to avoid personal injury or damage to the magnets. Fingers and other body parts can get pinched between two attracting magnets. Neodymium magnets are brittle, and can peel, crack or shatter if a number of magnets are allowed to slam together.

The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can also damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. They can also damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and other CRT displays. Never place neodymium magnets near electronic appliances.

Children should not be allowed to play with neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.

Never allow neodymium magnets near a person with a pacemaker or similar medical aid. The strong magnetic fields of the magnet can affect the operation of such devices.

Neodymium magnets are brittle and prone to chipping and cracking. They should not be machined in any way.

Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.

Neodymium magnets can be fun and useful, but must always be treated with care.

We take no responsibility for any loss or injury caused by the magnet supplied with the HandyTab.

The magnet and flexible metal 'gooseneck' is Nickel Plated.

 

Instructions
     
 
Last Update 17/11/13